Be happy!! Here’s why.
If we could shrink the earth’s population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same. It would look something like the following:
There would be
• 57 Asians
• 21 Europeans (14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south).
• Eight Africans
• 52 would be female, 48 would be male
• 17 would be non-white, 13 would be white
• 17 would be non-Christian, 13 would be Christian
• 89 would be heterosexual, 11 would be homosexual
• 6 people would possess 59% of the entire world’s wealth, and all 6 would be from the United States
• 80 would live in sub-standard housing.
• 70 would be unable to read
• 50 would suffer from malnutrition
• One would be near death and one would be near birth
• One, yes only one, would have a college education
• One would own a computer
The following is also something to ponder:
If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million people that will not survive this week.
If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pains of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
If you attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death, you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.
If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.
If you have money in the bank, money in your wallet and spare change in a dish somewhere, you are among the top eight percent of the world’s wealthy.
If your parents are still alive and still married, you are very rare, even in the western world.
If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing, in that someone was thinking of you and furthermore you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
When one considers our world from such a compressed perceptive, the need for acceptance, understanding, and education becomes blaringly apparent.
Someone once said, “What goes around comes around”
I encourage you to….
Work like you don’t need the money.
Love like you’ve never been hurt.
Dance like nobody’s watching.
And, sing like nobody’s listening.
Live like it’s your heaven on earth.
If you’re reading this, YOU are one of the lucky ones.